Microsoft office tab is one of the most essential parts of Office apps and programs using which a number of functions can be performed. There is no Office app in which you will not find this tab be it Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
If the Microsoft office tab goes missing from your Office package, then you won’t be able to use functions such as Open, View, Edit, and so on. Hence, if it disappears from Microsoft office, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, or Microsoft 365, then worry not as there are others who might be facing the same issue.
The Office tab might have gone temporarily missing or disabled by mistake and can be easily brought back by making the necessary changes in the settings. Hence, you should not worry anymore if you are also in the same boat.
Now, let us have a glance at how we can adjust the settings for bringing back the Office tab.
Instructions to enable Office tab
Although this situation arises very rarely, it can be resolved by undergoing the procedure mentioned below. But, prior to trying this workaround, you should ensure to download the latest Office tab. Here are the steps to enable the tab:
Read Also >> Is Windows Defender enough for protecting Windows 10?
In the initial stage, you need to go to the Office Tab Center. For this;
- Double-click on the icon of Office Tab Center present on your desktop.
- Else, click on the ‘Start’ option.
- Then, select ‘All Programs’ to proceed further.
- After that, go to the ‘Office Tab’ section.
- From here, locate and double-click on the Office Tab Center.
- Tick-mark the checkbox present next to ‘Enable Tabs for Word, Excel, PowerPoint’.
- When you are done, click ‘OK’ to close the tab.
If the Office tab still does appear, then you may try the next solution to bring it back.
Another method to enable Office Tab
Sometimes, the Office tab fails to appear even after trying the aforementioned method then you may try enabling it with the help of The Microsoft Office Add-Ins Manager. This method works well for the Office versions 2007, 2010, and 2013. Follow the steps for manual procedure:
- In one of the Office 2010 apps, click on the ‘File’ option.
- After this, click ‘Options’.
- And then, go to ‘Add-Ins’.
- Else, click the ‘Office’ icon in Office 2007.
- Then, select ‘Word Options’.
- Now, tap on the ‘Add-ins’ option.
- Next up, select the type of the ‘Add-In’.
- Further, click on the ‘Go’ option.
Once you are done, make sure that the Office Tab Helper is enabled. Also, ensure that Tabs for Word (32-bit) is not disabled.
The reason why Office Tab goes missing from your Office version is because of incompatible Office add-ins. If nothing happens even after trying the aforementioned solutions, then you may try re-installing the Office version on your device. But, do not forget to save the files, documents, and presentations you have created. For more guidelines, go to office.com/setup and look for the support articles given on the website.