If you have a Windows 8 operating system and get infected by a virus attack or is becoming slow, then resetting is the only option you are left with. Fortunately, Windows 8 comes with the built-in feature that helps the users to reset the tablet in use to its original condition. In this article, you will get the two suitable methods to reset Windows 8 to the factory settings.
Point to remember: Every data such as your valuable documents, pictures and other information that are added to the Windows 8 tablet will be deleted once you do a factory reset. Hence, it is important to perform a backup of all the files before you perform a reset for your Windows 8 operating system. If you have anything else to consider about Office setup then visit office.com/setup.
Method 1: Reset Windows 8 within Windows OS
For this step, you just have to follow the steps given below carefully:
- Tap on the “Settings” option and if you are using a mouse then go to the upper-right corner of the screen and then click on the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Change PC settings” option and click on it.
- Click on the “Update and recovery” option and then tap on the “Recovery” option.
- Just click on the “Get Started” page that is visible under the “Remove everything and reinstall Windows” option.
- Congratulations! You have successfully performed the Windows8 reset within the operating system.
Note: If you are still confused with the steps that are mentioned above then visit Official Website.
Method 2: Reset Windows 8 from Login screen
If you have lost your password then you can just reset your tablet. Make sure you unlock Windows 8 password before you perform a reset for Windows 8. Once, you have done just follows the steps to reset Windows 8 from the login screen:
- Go to the Windows sign-in window and then tap on the “Power” button in the lower right corner.
- Just and keep holding the “Shift” button to proceed further.
- While pressing the “Shift” key, just tap on the “Restart” button.
- Once the tablet restarts, just select the option that is displayed on-screen.
- You now have to tap on the option that is labeled as “Troubleshoot”.
- Just click on the “Reset your PC” option.
- Congratulations! You have successfully done the reset Windows 8 operating system.
Point to remember: If you do not have a connection between the Windows 8 and keyboard, then you need to use the on-screen keyboard for the reset Windows8 procedure. Just tap on the “Ease of access” button on the lower screen. In the final step, you have to tap on the “On-screen Keyboard” button.
In a conclusive viewpoint: We hope that this article has helped you to reset Windows 8 operating system. However, if you still face any issues and confusion about the topic then visit the Official website. There you will find out the solutions to your relevant queries and the professionals along with the team of experts will help you find appropriate solutions.