Outlook, the very own emailing application of Microsoft, is used widely by the people. It has several features that let you connect with each other seamlessly, and you can also do several other things on it. The app includes features such as event management, using calendar, etc. The more you use it, the more you will love its features and messaging tools.
But, due to some internal glitches, you might have a tough time while using the Calendar feature on it. This may or may not happen due to the outdated version of the operating system. Sometimes, this issue arises because of using outdated applications as well.
Therefore, users are recommended to download and run the latest version of both the operating system as well as applications. In such a troublesome situation, basic troubleshooting might also help you in getting rid of the issue. Other than this, you can try some workarounds given below to get rid of the syncing issue.
Try these workarounds to get rid of the syncing issue
Read More >> How to perform a factory reset for Windows 8 tablet?
Solution 1- check the problem with security software
Sometimes, the presence of antivirus solutions and firewalls might restrict certain programs from running. Therefore, turning the security software as well as the firewall may help you in getting rid of the issue. Since Windows devices come pre-equipped with Windows Defender Security, therefore, you need to disable it for the time being. Here’s how you can do this:
- First of all, click on the ‘Start’ option and then locate the ‘Windows Defender Security Center’.
- Once it opens, you need to select ‘Fire and network protection’.
- After this, you need to choose a network profile.
- Further, you have to turn off the firewall for that particular profile.
- Next, you have to repeat the same procedure for each profile you see on your screen.
- In the end, check if you can now sync your Mail and Calendar or not.
Solution 2- Change the Settings in the Windows firewall
Before starting the procedure, you need to turn off the firewall and check if you can sync calendar events with Outlook mail. If you can, then you need to allow mail and calendar apps through the firewall. For this, follow the steps given below in a sequential manner.
- Begin by clicking in the ‘Start’ option of your device.
- After this, you need to open the built-in Windows Defender security.
- Further, you have to select the ‘Fire and network protection’ option.
- Here, tap on ‘Allow an app through firewall’.
- Next, tap on the ‘Change settings’ option.
- Now, you need to tick-mark the box present next to ‘Mail and Calendar’.
- Also, you have to tick-mark the boxes present in the public as well as private columns.
- Once you are done, select the ‘Ok’ option.
If these methods still don’t resolve the issue, then you may try removing and adding your account. You can easily do this by navigating to the account management section.