Often you come across certain situations when you need to collaborate with your teammates after office hours or while you are working from home. The best thing you can do to come up together on a single platform and connect with each other is to use Microsoft Teams.
But unfortunately most of you are not aware of the fact that you can set up a team meeting using your Outlook account.
Well, there are two simple ways through which this is possible; using Outlook Windows 10 App or Outlook on the Web. But before you carry out this process, there’s one thing that you need to keep in mind i.e. the process given below applies to all Windows 10 versions
So, before we get started, let me discuss with you the usefulness of this feature in Outlook for making the best use of Teams.
Sometimes, when you need to connect with someone who is not a team member and is a guest representative at that time, Team meetings using Outlook is one of the best things you can do. Using this feature in Outlook, you don’t actually have to open Microsoft Teams because Outlook lets you do so directly.
Let’s learn the basics to set up a meeting via Outlook App
Do not get panic before initiating the procedure because there are a lot others like you who will be trying this trick for the very first time. So, here is the step-by-step procedure for you and I assure you that you are going to love this tutorial upon setting up a meeting successfully.
Read Also >> How to work with Footnote in MS Excel?
- Initially, you need to begin by navigating to Outlook and opening it.
- After this, you are required to share your login credentials.
- This must be the account with which you wish to set up the meeting.
- Now, move to the upper most tab on the Outlook page.
- Henceforth, you need to click on the (↓) ‘Down’ arrow present next to ‘New Email’.
- Here, you will see the ‘Teams Meeting’ option which you need to click.
- As soon as you do so, a new window will pop up on your screen.
- Fill out the information that is asked in each field.
You may need to provide the start and end time for the meeting.
Other than this, you may also make certain changes by choosing the other way round.
Try this method to customize certain settings
- For this, press the CTRL button.
- Click on the ‘Meeting Options’ link.
- Here, you can make changes for bypassing the lobby.
- Or, settings for granting access to be a part of the meeting.
- Click on the ‘save’ button when you are done.
- Once you are ready and satisfied with the customized settings, just hit the ‘Send’ button in the end.
Additionally, you can set the time when people should join or leave the meeting and so on.
Set up Teams meeting in Outlook on the web
At times, you might not have access to the Outlook app and during that time, you can set up a meeting through the web as well. Let’s learn how to do that:
- Start by navigating to the Outlook Calendar.
- You can do it directly via the Outlook Web application by clicking on the said icon.
- Now, you have to tap on the ‘New Event’ button.
- Here, on the page that appears, fill out the asked details.
- Enter the email address of those who are required to attend the meeting.
- Enter the date and time for which you wish to arrange the meeting.
- Now, click ‘add online meeting’.
- Use the drop-down menu to save your message and finally hit the ‘Send’ option.
This is just the beginning folks. You can do much more in your team meeting and enable or disable settings as many times as you want. But for this, you need to give this tutorial a try.