Microsoft Office is available in several versions and comes with several plans to choose from. Most of the users do not know which plan and which version of Microsoft is best for them. To clear out this confusion of the users, Microsoft has come up with a solution by developing separate products for home and business users. Therefore, in this article, we are going to have a glance at Microsoft Office for Home and Student.
As the name itself suggests, this product is specifically developed to be used by students or someone who needs to work with basic Office apps. Both Microsoft Office for Home and Student 2016 and Microsoft Office for Home and Student 2019 have the three basic apps including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Although the product is priced for $149.99, you can also get this version for free if your educational institute has registered for this plan. So, let’s have a glance at how we can deploy it on a Mac device.
Steps to install Microsoft Office for Home and Student
Real Also >> How to perform a factory reset for Windows 8 tablet?
- Visit office.com/setup and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- After this, you will see the home page of the Office.
- Here, you need to select the ‘Install Office’ option.
- Now, the downloading process will begin.
- Again select ‘Install Office apps’ and wait for the download to complete.
- Now, you need to open the finder of your Mac device and go to the ‘Downloads’ section.
- In this step, you need to double-tap on the Microsoft Office installer.pkg file to start the installation.
- Select ‘Continue’ after reading the license agreement.
- Furthermore, you need to select ‘Agree’ after reading the terms of the product.
- Choose the desired method for product installation and click ‘Continue’ followed by ‘Install’.
You may be asked for your Mac admin details during the process.
To activate the product on mac follow these steps
- Using the Dock of your Mac device, you need to click on the Launchpad.
- When you do so, you will see a list of all the installed apps on your mac device.
- If you have installed the Office setup correctly, you will find all ‘Microsoft Word’ in this list.
- Click on this app and you will see the ‘What’s new’ window.
- Finally, tap on ‘Get started’ to begin activating your product.
Now, that you have successfully deployed Microsoft Office for Home and Student, you can start using your favorite Office apps whenever you want.