Microsoft Office, as we very well know, is an impactful tool that helps to give way to a lot of tasks on a daily basis. A large group of people is nowadays involved in using Microsoft Office for accomplishing a lot of professional tasks.
However, sometimes, people are prompted to update their Office versions while they are using it. And for this purpose, they are asked to update their Office version as soon as the updates are rolled out.
Upon seeing this sudden prompt, the users do not know what to do and they instantly click on the ‘update now’ option without thinking of the consequences.
Many users have reported losing their subscriptions once they have performed the update procedure on their devices. Other than this, some have accidentally uninstalled their software and now unable to get their hands on the older subscriptions.
In this scenario, they are left with no option but to contact Microsoft to retrieve their subscription.
Fortunately, there is a way out of this problem and hence you do not need to get worried in case you have landed in the same trouble.
Here’s what you can do to restore the purchase
Now, you must be thinking how is it possible to retrieve your subscription once it is lost. Well, in that case, you must note that your subscription is safe in your Microsoft account and you can easily get it from there.
Read Also >> Things to try when your Surface won’t power on
All you need to do is download the desired product from the Mac App Store and once again you will be able to use your product. Your Mac App Store keeps the record of all the apps and subscriptions you have paid for.
To retrieve your purchase:
- At the initial stage, you need to log out of the Office app.
- This app should be the one through which you completed the In-App purchase.
- To know, which Office app you have used for this purpose, go to the Mac App Store.
- Then, go to the ‘Subscriptions’ section to view the purchased apps.
- If prompted, sign in to your Apple ID.
- Navigate to the ‘Active subscriptions’ section.
- Look for the name of your Microsoft Office product.
- The icon of the app is the one with which you have purchased Office.
- After finding out the app of in-app purchases, close and reopen the app.
- Next up, click on the ‘Restore previous purchase’ option.
Make sure you click on this option only if you see the Microsoft 365 window.
A quick tip: if you are unable to retrieve your paid Office subscription by using this method, then you may do this using another method. For this, you need to navigate to office.com/setup, log into your account, and go to the ‘Subscriptions’ section and get your hands on the purchased Office product from there.
If you do not find anything in the list of your active subscriptions, then there are possibilities that it has expired and you need to renew it.